Recently I bought a Lenovo® EZ Media and Backup Center to share video and photos within my home network. I also have a Brother HL-2130 Mono Laser long time back which is connected to my PC USB port. Every time, when I want to print something, I have to keep my PC on. I am thinking is there a way to connect my Brother HL-2130 Mono Laser to Lenovo® EZ Media and Backup Center USB port, and sharing HL-2130 within my home network. I can print from any devices even from my iPad, Andaroid phone.
After few hours trying, I finally successfully share HL-2130 through Lenovo NAS USB port. This is the post I found from internet, and it gives the detailed steps.
Here are the steps I followed to install HL-2130:
- In PC’s browser, go to http://lenovoez/manage/login.html?pg=/manage/diagnostics.html. Enable SSH login
- Download putty, and login your Lenovo NAS through SSH
- Connect HL-2130 to Lenovo NAS USB Port
- Issue command “/etc/init.d/cups start” to start CUPS service
- In PC’s browser, go to http://lenovoez:631/admin
- Click “Add Printer” and find Brother_HL-2130_series printer from local printers.
- In “Printers” tab, you will find Brother_HL-2130_series. Actually, the address for HL-2130 is http://lenovoez:631/printers/Brother_HL-2130_series
- Download latest HL-2130 Windows OS printer driver from http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=hl2130_all
- Go back to PC, and Add new printer, give the printer address http://lenovoez:631/printers/Brother_HL-2130_series
- Click “Have a disk” and install HL-2130 printer driver.
- Follow the steps in the post to make cups to run every time the box reloads.